Out of memory while reading tuples Error

From: "Karim R(dot) Lakhani" <lakhani(at)MIT(dot)EDU>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Out of memory while reading tuples Error
Date: 2003-08-06 17:22:07
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi All,

I have a fairly *large* database and I am running a pretty simple SQL
query exporting it to an ASCII file (running PgAdmin on an IBM T30 Win2K
and PostGres is on P4 1GB RAM):

SELECT
public.stats_project_months.group_id,
public.stats_project_months.developers,
public.stats_project_months.downloads,

FROM
public.meta_project,
public.stats_project_months
WHERE
public.meta_project.cell_id = '205'
AND public.stats_project_months.month = '200202'
ORDER BY
public.stats_project_months.group_id ASC

After about 5 mins of running I get the following error:
"Out of memory while reading tuples"

Is this a problem on the client machine or the machine hosting the database?

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Karim