Re: WebGUI vote on whether to drop PostgreSQL support

From: Kaarel <kaarel(at)future(dot)ee>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WebGUI vote on whether to drop PostgreSQL support
Date: 2003-07-30 12:20:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>This is called a portfolio effect. Unless we release PostgreSQL, pgAdmin3,
>PhpPgAdmin3 bundled under Win32 and Unixes, we will always face this kind of
>problem.
>
>User ask questions such as "is PostgreSQL faster than MySQL?", but in fact
>their real need is a database system with a nice administration interface
>(web or GUI), which works under any environment (Unixes and Win32).

I quite agree here. It would be nice to bundle a graphical user
interface with the upcoming 7.5 and native windows port. Which GUI-s to
bundle will have to be discussed but it is clear that only one or two
(one local gui and one web gui) can be included. Otherwise it wouldn't
have the desired effect.

Kaarel