Re: Autovacuum

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autovacuum
Date: 2003-07-29 12:31:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 29 Jul 2003 at 8:03, Christopher Browne wrote:

> "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in> wrote:
> >It is called as pgavd..
>
> No, it is called pg_autovacuum
>
> "pgavd" was a previous attempt at this that was being distributed on
> gborg. Its parser ussage (I don't recall if it was just lex or whether it
> also included yacc) made it troublesome to get to run on all platforms.

Yeah.. I wrote that and didn't quite maintain that after. Mathew finished
pg_autovacuum shortly after that.

I recall reading some bug reports and I fixed couple of problems in CVS but
didn't bother to make a release after there was a contrib module..

> The code for pg_autovacuum is in 7.4, in contrib; it also works perfectly
> well in 7.3, so you should be able to grab the directory and drop the code
> into the 7.3 contrib area.

Good to know that..

Bye
Shridhar

--
Flon's Law: There is not now, and never will be, a language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad programs.