'newbie' profile

From: Anastasios Hatzis <ahatzis(at)ithcorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 'newbie' profile
Date: 2003-07-24 14:52:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Dear list members

as I am a new subscriber of this list, I think introducing myself
wouldn't be a bad idea.

My name is Anastasios (30 y/o), and I am currently engaged in a project
(GO-GEN), where we have bundled some open source and free software tools
and libraries to a development and runtime platform named CapStone,
available as beta release now. PostgreSQL is one of these fine parts, we
like to promote via CapStone open source distribution, and promotion is
my exciting job at GO-GEN :-) Thus it's been obvious for me to subscribe
to this interesting list.

I am working for 10+ years as non-techie for several companies of the IT
industry, e.g. Digital (DEC), short time at Informix, started an own
software company in 1996 (Aeonic), unfortunately later with
extraordinary smart and hype investors, since liquidation of Aeonic in
99 I am a free consultant for IT strategy and project management, at
last creating with a talented team an universal CRM and user management
system for the ~ 5,000 german trade organizations for skilled crafts
(www.zdh.de) and their roughly one million member companies
(successfully at the end, but for the price of some new gray hair on my
head).

I am dying for pasta food, movies (any genre) and interesting conversations.

As newbie to this list I think, I will retrain myself for the next time
and just read your postings until I have the feeling, that I can
contribute something useful. Nevertheless you can ask me or comment
whatever you like to.

Greetings from a rainy Berlin
Anastasios

--