Re: problem with libpq7.3.3/encrypted

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Christian Ruediger Bahls <christian(dot)bahls(at)stud(dot)uni-rostock(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with libpq7.3.3/encrypted
Date: 2003-07-23 21:32:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Christian Ruediger Bahls wrote:

>andreas,
>
>i tested your libpq.a .. it works[1]
> this seems to be some kind of esoteric bug as
> the CommandLineInterFace linked against the same library
> works like a charm .. even with encryption
>
>i made a dump: you can find an excerpt of the tcpdump at
>http://dmv.math.uni-rostock.de/downloads/this_works.tcpdump
>(Debian GNU/Linux tcpdump ..)
>
>yours
>  christian bahls
>  maths student
>  looking for a challenging internship
>  (Postgresql or CL)
>
>[1] it is considerably faster too ..

Christian,
I believe that my libpq.a is compiled without encryption. If you can try
with your newer libpq version, and switch postgresql.conf ssl option on
and off to make sure what the reason is (and it already seems quite
clear to me). Then we post the result including that gdb trace to
pgsql-bugs.
I didn't see any message in the archives about that so far.

Regards,
Andreas