Re: the IN clause saga

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: Felipe Schnack <felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br>, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Subject: Re: the IN clause saga
Date: 2003-07-22 17:35:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

In case you missed my last comment:

Mind that this is only necessary for backward compatibility. With 7.4
and the V3 protocol you just send an array and the backend sorts it out.

Of course, one can opt in not providing this feature for pre 7.4
backends but I see no reason for that. The parsing required is confined
to the surrounding sql fragments (we already split the command) and very
simple.

Fernando