Re: double quoted object names

From: Terence Kearns <terencek(at)isd(dot)canberra(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: double quoted object names
Date: 2003-07-17 08:47:50
Lists: pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:
> It has to otherwise PostgreSQL will fold the identifier to lowercase.

I prefer mixed-case multi-word identifiers rather than identifiers with
words separated by underscors but I think I will use lowercase
everywhere from now on :/

>>Also, I created a schema called global (no mixed case) and now
>>pgAdminIII refers to all objects in this schema as "global".objectname
>

> Global is probably a reserved word, so must be quoted if used.

you guessed right. I checked up on it at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/sql-keywords-appendix.html

Doesn't seem like there are many words left in the english language that
aren't reserved ;) I didn't realise there were so many [non-]reserved
words. Postgres reserves GLOBAL as a "non-reserved" word as opposed to a
"reserved" word (just read the docs from the above link).

A print out of this list now stays by my side...

--
Terence Kearns ~ ph: +61 2 6201 5516
IT Database/Applications Developer