Oh no!!

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Oh no!!
Date: 2003-07-15 07:07:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
This message popping up every time a query finishes in query window is
completely annoying. I hated it with pgadmin2, and it was one reason for
me to write pgadmin3. And people in the same room working with you will
soon hate it too, unless you remove your speaker or beep device....
I removed it.
Additionally, the message page is not a mere logging window, but
receives the messages and notices for the currently executed query (we
already have a logging mechanism...). That's why it has to be cleared
before each execution. The query being executed is in the query page, so
why repeat it? If you're repeatedly executing many big queries, like I
do, you won't see any more what's really important.

Regards,
Andreas

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2003-07-15 07:17:31