Re: pg_query undefined?

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Lynna Landstreet <lynna(at)gallery44(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_query undefined?
Date: 2003-07-12 23:15:36
Lists: pgsql-php
Lynna Landstreet wrote:
> Does anyone know why trying to run a simple demo script (the one that came
> with EZ_SQL from php.justinvincent.com) would be giving me an error saying
> that pg_query() is an undefined function? It's a standard function built
> into PHP, isn't it? It's listed in the manual...
>
> I know the installation of PHP at our web host does have PostgreSQL support,
> because when I ran phpinfo() it seemed to say all the right things about it,
> so this is really confusing me.

pg_query was new in PHP 4.2:

   http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-query.php
   "pg_query
    (PHP 4 >= 4.2.0)
    Note:  This function used to be called pg_exec(). pg_exec() is still
    available for compatibility reasons but users are encouraged to use
    the newer name."

What version does phpinfo say your host is running?

Joe