Re: Getting blocked when receinving response from a Parse

From: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Carlos Guzman Alvarez <carlosga(at)telefonica(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting blocked when receinving response from a Parse
Date: 2003-06-29 16:00:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Carlos Guzman Alvarez wrote:
> Hello:
>> Uhmmm, if you don't mind... are you implementing something like a data
>> provider for Postgresql, or it is just an ad hoc program?
> Well i start making a simple library for 3.0 protocol for curiosity only
>  :), the protocol have a great documentation, but after some some days i
> decide to try to make a Data Provider for protocol 3.0 only (I already
> have made a Data Provider for other RDMBMS :)),

That's very good!
Do you know about Npgsql?
Please, have a look at
It is a Postgresql .net data provider written 100% in C#.
Maybe you could give some tips, suggestions, improvements, bug fixes... :)

I'm right now implementing the extended query mode and as you and Tom
Lane said, the Flush message worked very well. Thanks again.

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

"My grandfather once told me that there are two
kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me
to try to be in the
- Indira Gandhi