Re: Getting blocked when receinving response from a Parse

From: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Carlos Guzman Alvarez <carlosga(at)telefonica(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting blocked when receinving response from a Parse
Date: 2003-06-29 01:56:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Carlos Guzman Alvarez wrote:

> Hello:
>
> >You must send either Flush or Sync after the Parse to force the backend
> >to emit its response to Parse. The assumption is that in many cases
> >you'll be sending Parse as part of a batch of commands, and the backend
> >should batch its responses to minimize the number of network packets
> >sent. So you have to tell it where the batch boundaries are --- thus,
> >Flush or Sync. See the docs concerning the difference between the two.
>

> I have the same problem some days ago with the implementation of the
> version 3.0 protocol in C# and now using Flush it's working quite well :)

Thanks Carlos.

Uhmmm, if you don't mind... are you implementing something like a data
provider for Postgresql, or it is just an ad hoc program?

--
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

------
"My grandfather once told me that there are two
kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me
to try to be in the
- Indira Gandhi