Re: Fundraising

From: Ewald Geschwinde <webmaster(at)geschwinde(dot)net>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fundraising
Date: 2003-06-26 11:11:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
I just want to say something on that topic!!

Maybe somebody is working some certification exams or standard training
courses out for postgresql
admin,programmer,pl/pgsql ....

There are many certifications but I'm thinking of a worldwide standard
certification like oracle has in the academy

This exams are given to some "certified" companies that they can give
this exam/course whatever
and maybe 10% of the certification cost goes directly in some fund that
is sponsoring postgresql development.
so much can be achieved.

Or to make it real heavy. Creating an organisation like
http://www.spi-inc.org/ is for debian but only for postgresql development.

I'm thinking of this for a while.
The important thing in this matter is a worldwide aceptable
certification that is recognized by the whoile community/business!!

regards Ewald Geschwinde