Re: Fundraising

From: Ewald Geschwinde <webmaster(at)geschwinde(dot)net>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fundraising
Date: 2003-06-26 11:11:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
I just want to say something on that topic!!

Maybe somebody is working some certification exams or standard training
courses out for postgresql
admin,programmer,pl/pgsql ....

There are many certifications but I'm thinking of a worldwide standard
certification like oracle has in the academy

This exams are given to some "certified" companies that they can give
this exam/course whatever
and maybe 10% of the certification cost goes directly in some fund that
is sponsoring postgresql development.
so much can be achieved.

Or to make it real heavy. Creating an organisation like is for debian but only for postgresql development.

I'm thinking of this for a while.
The important thing in this matter is a worldwide aceptable
certification that is recognized by the whoile community/business!!

regards Ewald Geschwinde