Re: Language issue

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Language issue
Date: 2003-06-25 18:17:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Would it be possible to differenciate the English "language" string into
>"Server-side language" (French=langage server-side) and "Language"
>(French=langue).
>
>In French, "langue" and "langage" do not have the same meaning.

Uh, I've been waiting for something like this. We should use another
development language :-)

Server-side language is the wrong expression, and "pgsql programming
language" is too long, so we better stick to "language" (langage).
For the user interface, I invented "user language" (langue). This
expression is used only in limited places, so this is easier.

For the same reason, I renamed the View menu to Display.

I hope we will never need to invent fantasy words, which then get
translated to en_US...

Regards,
Andreas