Re: Localisation strings

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Localisation strings
Date: 2003-06-25 16:48:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

>>Dear all,
>>
>>Here are some non-standard language entries:
>>
>>1) src/ui/frmQueryBuilder.cpp:1044 src/ui/frmQueryBuilder.cpp:1046
>>			wxLogError(__("Double right-handed
>>joins are not allowed.\n")
>>				__("You must redraw your joins
>>so that \"") + tmptable1 +
>>				__("\"\ndoes not appear on the
>>righthand side \n")
>>				__("more than once. \n\n")
>>				__("Try switching it to the
>>lefthand side in one\n")
>>				__("or more relationships."));
>>should use %s
>>

>Ahh, the QB. Please feel free to tweak these to something you are happy
>with.

I skipped recoding these because Keith had stated there was work going
on. I'm a bit unhappy that we don't know about the state of QB (while
that nasty bug seems to be under control.

>>2) src/ui/dlgProperty.cpp:89 src/ui/dlgProperty.cpp:91
>>msgid ""
>>": Notebook not found.\n"
>>"Prepare to crash!"
>>msgstr ""

This should really never display... can only happen if xrc is really
messed up

>>3) pgadmin3.pot file contains a deprecated string:
>>Count rows if estiated less than (typo)
>>

>I fixed that typo on Windows a few days back but forgot the pot file. Do
>I need to manually edit it, or regenerate it on a unix box?

Strings come and go...
The stringextract script will append new strings, leaving old/now unused
strings still untouched. From time to time, pgadmin3.pot can be deleted
and freshly created, which would lead to poEdit telling about deprecated
strings.

Regards,
Andreas