Re: pgAdmin3 doc location

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 doc location
Date: 2003-06-23 17:32:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Maybe docs/lang_Country is easier to maintain because you will be able to "ls
>-l docs" and see how many docs are translated...

Dave?

>We will deliver .mo files and documentation in the same packages, like :
>- http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/redhat9/RPMS
>- http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/mandrake91/RPMS
>
>Are you able to switch back to English when a French page does not exist?

No, because after the root file for help is located, the help controller
will handle all stuff itself, it's merely a big structured single
document. There are no side entries. Partial translation won't work, all
or nothing. It's only the application help ("contents") that will be
translatable, the pgsql doc is external. Of course, the user might point
to an external site that's providing translated pgsql doc, hopefully all
page names are identical....

Regards,
Andreas