Re: pgAdmin3 doc location

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 doc location
Date: 2003-06-23 16:26:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>Dunno, you wanted the web support for the help! If you want to remove
>it, go ahead.

I invented the web help for *pgsql* help, which depends on the system in
use, and may change while pgAdmin is still used (I'm using the 7.4 doc,
and will always use the newest). BTW, we should drop a note in the doc
that some pgAdmin3 options depend on the backend, and may not be
available for older versions.

I'll recode pgAdmin help calling as soon as we have agreed where files
should go for release installs. I'd vote to put them under the existing
ui/lang_Country directories, parallel to *.mo, but I feel you wouldn't
like that... Just give me your vote for a better place.
I haven't worked with HTMLWorkshop before, it's hopefully easy to import
html files into a htmlws project at a later time. Can you do that? I
just tried the pgadmin2 help directory under win32 and gtk2
(wxHtmlHelpController) and it displayed nicely.

>>Insert of empty cols don't insert NULL any more, thus serial as any
>>other column with a default value are handled now corretly.
>>

>Cool, thanks.

I tend to fix things so fast, that I forget they ever existed :-)
Therefore, I didn't mention it.

Regards,
Andreas