Re: Newbie postgres/JDBC question.

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: dlangschied <dlangschied(at)ameritech(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Newbie postgres/JDBC question.
Date: 2003-05-29 15:18:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

David,

The sql clause FOR UPDATE is what you are looking for. As in SELECT FOO
FROM BAR FOR UPDATE (see the SELECT syntax in the doc). This will lock
the selected row(s) and prevent others from changing them.

Other users will not see any errors, they will just wait until the
lock(s) are released before they can continue.

thanks,
--Barry