Re: PGaccess can't find 'oids'

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Lynn <windwalker_2000(at)yahoo(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGaccess can't find 'oids'
Date: 2003-05-24 06:57:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Lynn wrote:

>Hi.

>I highlight a table name and then I clicked on the button
>"Design" and an error message pop up "Error:Error: Attribute 'oid' not found"
>Clicked "Details" button
>
>ERROR: Attribute "oid" not found
>
>ERROR: Attribute "oid" not found

That's irrecoverable.
PgAccess was designed for PostgreSQL tables that have 'oid' that mean
'object identifier', a long integer that's unique for every row in aby
tables across the database.
Your postgresql seems to use tables without oid's.,
That mean you should configure PostgreSQL to use 'oids' for any tables.
But really I don't know how to do that.
I posted your question on pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org in order to
receive an answer.

Teo
Braila