Re: [PHP] phpPgAdmin 3.0 Beta 1 Released

From: Alexander Pucher <pucher(at)atlas(dot)gis(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PHP] phpPgAdmin 3.0 Beta 1 Released
Date: 2003-05-23 09:03:19
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-php

Hi Christpher,

I get 'File not found' errors when trying to download any of the
'3.0-beta' files from http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/

regards,
alex.

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>The phpPgAdmin developers are proud to announce the first Beta release of
>the all new phpPgAdmin 3.0.
>
>phpPgAdmin 3.0 is a complete rewrite from scratch, to address all the
>problems in the 2.4.x codebase. The focus now is on robustness and
>correctness, and feature support for PostgreSQL 7.3. Since this is a
>complete rewrite, many things work a lot better, but we have not yet added
>all the features that exist in phpPgAdmin 2.4.
>
>Please download and test this Beta for us, and report any bugs so that we
>can do a solid 3.0 final release. We also guarantee that we will not change
>the translation strings until after the 3.0 final release, so now is the
>time to complete or add your translation.
>
>Features
>---------
>
>* Excellent multi-language support. You can easily use phpPgAdmin 3.0 with
>Japanese strings, while viewing a Russian database. Multibyte databases are
>still causing a little trouble, however.
>
>* Support for PostgreSQL 7.3 features: Schemas, cascade drop behaviour,
>set-returning-functions and extended privileges.
>
>* Support for modern PHP: error_reporting maximum and register_globals off.
>
>* PostgreSQL hosting support: Filter databases and reports just for the
>current user.
>
>* Tables: Columns, Indexes, Constraints, Triggers, Rules, Privileges &
>Exporting.
>
>* Databases, Users, Groups, Reports, Schemas, Views, Functions, Sequences &
>Types
>
>* Supports PostgreSQL 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 CVS
>
>Download
>----------
>
>http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/
>
>Regards,
>
>Christopher Kings-Lynne
>Robert Treat
>phpPgAdmin Project

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Institut fuer Geographie und Regionalforschung
Universitaet Wien
Kartografie und Geoinformation

Departement of Geography and Regional Research
University of Vienna
Cartography and GIS

Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

Tel: (+43 1) 4277 48644
Fax: (+43 1) 4277 48649
E-mail: alexander(dot)pucher(at)univie(dot)ac(dot)at

FTP: ftp://ftp.gis.univie.ac.at
WWW: http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto
Virtual Map Forum: http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/vmf
There are only 10 kinds of people who understand binary digits:
Those who do, and
Those who don't.