Re: array support patch phase 1 patch

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Date: 2003-05-21 21:08:07
Lists: pgsql-patches
Joe Conway wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've applied much but not all of this.  Some comments:
>
> Here (finally!) is a doc patch to go with the previously applied array
> support changes. If there are no objections, please apply.

Attached is an updated version of the doc patch along with the addition
of two new functions, as previously discussed:

    - str_to_array(str TEXT, delim TEXT) returns TEXT[]
    - array_to_str(array ANYARRAY, delim TEXT) returns TEXT

The patch is fairly large because:

    1. the documentation part of it is large
    2. I moved some static functions around and made them accessible so
       that I could use them in implementing the two functions.

It passes all regression tests, and as mentioned above includes
documentation.

If there are no objections, please apply.

Thanks,

Joe