Re: [Fwd: Writers Needed...]

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, Ewald Geschwinde <webmaster(at)geschwinde(dot)net>, Heather Carle <hcarle(at)afilias(dot)info>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Writers Needed...]
Date: 2003-05-15 12:00:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi everyone,

Very cool. It's excellent to see so many people volunteering to get involved as *authors*. Gut feeling says that if we can truly achieve and maintain 2 or 3
articles a month about PostgreSQL into the wider-known-media, it will have a large beneficial impact. That's just one article every 2nd month from everyone
that expressed interest, if we were to average it out that is.

:)

There seems to be a pretty firm rule along the lines of "the greater the media exposure, the wider the adoption".

And we all want PostgreSQL adoption. :)

As a way to easily co-ordinate who's doing what, there's now a "PostgreSQL Authors" list that we can expand out over time as appropriate:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2/PostgreSQL%20Authors/document_view

I'll find out the details of what's desired by the O'Reilly guys, and will also renew contact with the other IT magazines that were looking for authors a while ago.

If everyone could create an account for themselves in the new Techdocs v2 site (http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2) that would be great. This Plone system is
supposed to be very good for authoring, and also for collaborative authoring (if people decide to do that at times).

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Cilft

- Indira Gandhi