Re: Memroy leak with jdbc

From: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Memroy leak with jdbc
Date: 2003-05-06 01:11:19
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Specifically, this code in QueryExecutor:

	case 'N':	// Error Notification

At that point the ResultSet doesn't necc. exist, but the Statement does.  There are a few
approaches to fixing this:

1) Clear the warnings before executing the query
2) Appeneding the warnings to the Statement
3) Keeping our own warnings chain, then appending the whole chain after the ResultSet is

Personally I perfer #3, but could there be a case where the ResultSet isn't created
because of some other error, and then we don't want to lose the warning?