Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 /

From: Frank Seesink <frank(at)mail(dot)wvnet(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 /
Date: 2003-05-05 18:42:07
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason Tishler wrote:
...[snip]...

> I did some more Googling. Does the following apply to your setup?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264651
>
> If so, then try switching Terminal Services to Application Server mode.
> Does this have any affect?

Ok, coupla questions. I understand where you're coming from with the
link, but

1. It applies to Windows 2000 Server & Advanced Server only
[I'm running Windows XP Professional SP1]
2. The issue was apparently resolved in Win2K SP2 (which was
released more than a year ago...SP3 is the latest for Win2K
at this point).
3. Ummmm...how exactly does one switch 'Terminal Services' to
'Application Server' mode? For that matter, how do you see
what mode it's in? All I see is an NT service, like
any other (e.g., Cygwin IPC Daemon), and I don't notice
anything obvious in the Registry settings for that service
(HKLM\System\CCS\Services\TermService). This is normally a
DO NOT TOUCH type service. You leave it be, and let it do
its thing.