Slow query after upgrades

From: Tom Duffey <tduffey(at)techbydesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slow query after upgrades
Date: 2007-12-13 21:15:19
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi All,

We recently upgraded both our PostgreSQL server version (8.1.10 to
8.2.5) and JDBC driver version (pg74.216.jdbc3, yeah, I know... to
8.2-507 JDBC4).  Our application has several components and all but
one are working great.  Unfortunately, one of them is running much
slower when I use the new JDBC driver.  If I leave everything else
exactly the same but roll back to the pg74.216.jdbc3 driver
performance improves quite a bit.  By quite a bit I mean a process
that takes about 15 minutes to run with the old JDBC driver takes over
an hour and a half with the new driver.

I'm leaving the old JDBC driver there for now but am wondering if
anyone has any ideas what I should look for to find a solution to
this?  I jProfiled the execution and it is indeed the JDBC query that
is taking significantly more time to execute with the newer driver in
place.

Best Regards,

Tom

pgsql-jdbc by date