Statement triggers 7.4 NEW/OLD

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Statement triggers 7.4 NEW/OLD
Date: 2003-04-25 11:07:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Seems this is too new for pgsql-sql, so I ask here:

How can I address the rows affected by an insert/update/delete statement
in pl/pgsql?
The doc says that NEW and OLD will be NULL for statement triggers, which
makes sense because NEW and OLD are of type RECORD, capable of holding
only a single row.
So where's the beef?

Regards,
Andreas