Re: Fwd: Unicode, RedHat Linux, & PostgreSQL

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Unicode, RedHat Linux, & PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-04-25 10:46:33
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Hi Vernon,

I do not know about the Chinese, but I am using pg 7.3.1 + RH 7.3 and cyrillic
and do not have
problems with storing data.

My linux (server) setting is as default (US).
By db creating, I define it as unicode and it is working for me.

You will have problems only with sorting. Is is very slow for unicode.

regards,
ivan.