Re: export to excel format

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Faizol Halim <faizol_h(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: export to excel format
Date: 2003-04-11 12:58:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Faizol Halim wrote:
> hi all,
>  first of all, I'm sorry if this is not the right
> place to ask (if so, where should I direct the
> question to?)
>  my question:
>  is there anyway that I could export some of my tables
> to an excel format..? any module or pointers on how
> this could be done..?

Maybe, but what about "importing" the data directly?

Get the PostgreSQL ODBC driver

and install it on your Windows box. Add the ODBC support functions on
the database side. Make sure the Windows system has access to the
database (pg_hba.conf, username/password). Create a DSN and access the
database directly from Excel.