Re: export to excel format

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Faizol Halim <faizol_h(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: export to excel format
Date: 2003-04-11 12:58:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Faizol Halim wrote:

> hi all,
>  first of all, I'm sorry if this is not the right
> place to ask (if so, where should I direct the
> question to?)
>  my question:
>  is there anyway that I could export some of my tables
> to an excel format..? any module or pointers on how
> this could be done..?

Maybe, but what about "importing" the data directly?

Get the PostgreSQL ODBC driver

    http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php

and install it on your Windows box. Add the ODBC support functions on
the database side. Make sure the Windows system has access to the
database (pg_hba.conf, username/password). Create a DSN and access the
database directly from Excel.

Jan