Re: System lockup

From: DeJuan Jackson <djackson(at)speedfc(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: System lockup
Date: 2003-03-31 17:22:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Then I think it's a kernel (Red Hat kernel 2.4) bug, because I've had
the same issue on 4 different machines of different ages and
configurations, using the same or similar datasets and using different
ones. I wanted to eliminate postgres as a culprit because it would be
the easiest thing to correct.

As noted in my previous post I'm currently experiencing the problem on a
Red Hat 8.0 and 7.2 (fully errata patched) (and am currently testing a
RH7.1 install without patching the kernel to see what I get [so far no
lockups {4 days production load}]).

So, I think it's time ti switch to FreeBSD, or move my question to a Red
Hat list. I'll give the Red Hat geeks a chance to answer before
becoming a trait..., I mean moving to FreeBSD.