pgadmin3 query tools

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: pgadmin3 query tools
Date: 2003-03-30 22:14:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>Wow, looks great. Nice work.
>
>My only thought is that we now have 2 query tools, though with obvious
>differences. Any thoughts on the best way to handle that? I think both
>are good, but Andreas has obviously spent more time getting the look and
>output right, whilst Keith has spent time on the query builder features.

Sadly,  I'm suffering from a complete lack of desire concerning a query
builder... ;-)

What I need is a fast, abortable tool that can handle a lot of data
(that's why I dropped wxGrid) and large queries.
I like pgadmin2/3's  lower right create command window, that's all
support I need. Anyway, I don't think it's a big problem to link a query
building tool to my query window.

An enhanced version (creates partially implemented) of pgadmin3 can be
found at

www.pse-consulting.de/pgadmin3/pgadmin3.zip

Regards,

Andreas

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: frank_lupoDate: 2003-03-31 07:00:57