Re: Upgrading: So now you tell me!!?!?

From: Andrew Biagioni <andrew(dot)biagioni(at)e-greek(dot)net>
To: Hacksaw <hacksaw(at)hacksaw(dot)org>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading: So now you tell me!!?!?
Date: 2003-03-27 22:02:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

My 2 cents: I'm somewhat new to PostgreSQL and sysadmin'ing in general,
but I haven't had problems with installs/upgrades.

The reason: I haven't used the RPMs, I went the "hard" route and did
builds and installs. This, in turn, forced me to read the
install/upgrade documentation (very well written, kudos to the authors
-- very good section on system config, too) which I would never have
done if I had done an RPM-style upgrade.

Given the complexity of a DB system (especially if used for heavy work)
and the clarity of the docs, I strongly recommend anyone to scan through
them at least once...

http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/admin.html

Andrew