RE: Other JDBC Performance Question

From: "Dalphin, Mark" <Mdalphin(at)amgen(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Other JDBC Performance Question
Date: 1999-03-23 23:58:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
	On: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:37:33 -0500
>  "Frank Morton" <fmorton(at)base2inc(dot)com> wrote:

> What I would really like is to somehow force the
> database to be RAM resident, but still access it
> using SQL. I am about to write some code to
> load the whole thing up into RAM and accessing
> it some special way without SQL, but it really
> isn't what I want to do.
>
> Is there any way to force the database to be RAM
> resident? Either with this package or something
> else?

I don't know of a good way to speed up Postgresql access, but if the DB is
really so small, why not "speed up the hardware" and use a RAM disk? I don't
know about other UNIXs, but I believe Linux allows you to create a RAM disk
(I know it does at boot time; I haven't looked into using one at run time).

Mark (mdalphin(at)amgen(dot)com)

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Frederic De LeersnijderDate: 1999-03-24 01:02:51
Subject: Converting microsoft access to postgresql
Previous:From: Clark EvansDate: 1999-03-23 23:08:09
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Other JDBC Performance Question