Re: [pgsql-advocacy] uppercase = lowercase

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Donald Fraser <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>,"[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] uppercase = lowercase
Date: 2003-03-07 02:04:24
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-advocacy
Rod Taylor wrote:
<snip>
 > Great.. How about advocacy? the portal? etc.  Maybe all we have is code,
 > config files, and style sheets.

Hmmm, putting the Advocacy site into CVS might be a win, because it's
definitely not the kind of thing that Zwiki is good for.  It's more of a
code (that would go in CVS) and live database data (web based
interface).  The code for the web based interface could be put in CVS too.

 > Still, whatever tools you pick, configure, or change make it public
 > (where copyright allows).

Agreed.  It's more of a "time thing" than anything else.

 > Simple things like idocs.php or the jobs.php code could be improved upon
 > (code always can be), yet if I have an idea that may only take an hour
 > to implement it's near to impossible to find the sources -- so I've not
 > bothered.
 >
 > I'd be willing to bet there are a large number of people willing
 > (wanting) to do 10 minutes work here and there on the websites that
 > don't because it takes longer than that to find the materials.

Probably a pretty accurate way of looking at it.

It would be really good to spread the development effort for the
websites into the PostgreSQL Community properly.  The techdocs site is
becoming so unmaintained that it's saddening.  :(

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi