Re: [pgsql-advocacy] uppercase = lowercase

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Donald Fraser <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>,"[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] uppercase = lowercase
Date: 2003-03-06 18:21:31
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-advocacy
Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 12:49, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>>Guys,
>>
>>>This is what techdocs.postgresql.org is for.
>>
>>I've been thinking for some time that we need a Postgresql resouce site that's
>>more open to multiple contributors than the current hard-coded HTML of
>>Techdocs.   I was planning on experimenting in porting PostNuke to
>>PostgreSQL, but haven't had time.
>
> Step 1: Put all of the websites into CVS

Ewww Yuk!

Websites in CVS?  That's a horrible thought.  Sure, it's better than the
present "people with accounts on the server can upload" mostly-manual
approach, but it's not as good as Zwiki will do.

Zwiki allows for good web based editing, it lets people be added to
groups and have group permissions set, etc.  It's very nifty.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Step 2: Make them accessible by anonymous CVS
> Step 3: Advertise somewhere how to get and change sources, and submit a
> patch.
>
> I can't count the number of times I've sent in emails when I would have
> preferred to send a patch.  The only website I can find source for
> (without trying hard) is developers.postgresql.org.

- Indira Gandhi