Re: contrib Makefile's and OS X

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>,pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: contrib Makefile's and OS X
Date: 2003-03-06 05:03:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joe Conway wrote:
>>Thanks Adam, Peter, and Tom for your replies. I'll make the minor change
>>Tom recommended, try to find out what distribution the person is using,
>>and recommend they switch to the standard one.
>
> This gets into the problem if distributing PL/R outside our tarball.
> Are you still able to use our Makefile.shlib in your build?

Actually, I guess I never did close the loop on this; the person
reporting the problem did switch to a standard distribution, and that
solved the problem.

As far as Makefile.shlib goes, yes, PL/R requires the full 'configure'd
PostgreSQL source tree, with plr in a folder under contrib. Seems to
work well.

Joe