Re: REPEATED INSERT INTO ...

From: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: REPEATED INSERT INTO ...
Date: 2003-02-25 08:36:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > The key word REPEATED directs INGRES to encode the INSERT and save
its
> > execution plan when it is first executed. This encoding can account
for
> > significant performance improvements on subsequent executions of the

> > same INSERT.
>
> > What do you others think of it?
>
> You can do that today with PREPARE/EXECUTE; there's no need to invent
> specialized syntax for it.

Excellent.
As often, a closer look into the documentation would have saved Tom's
time.
Nevertheless, I think the PREPARE/EXECUTE functionality could definitely

use some more promotion, especially under Performance Tips.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Regards, Christoph

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Christoph HallerDate: 2003-02-25 08:59:44