Re: Strange error (Socket command option unknown)

From: Carlos Moreno <moreno(at)mochima(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange error (Socket command option unknown)
Date: 2003-02-25 05:38:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Doug McNaught wrote:

>No can do with tcpdump. Either switch your app (temporarily) to use
>TCP/IP or look into using strace(1)

D'oh!! Of course!! How could I forget about the good old strace!!!
I used it soo much during the debugging period of my application,
and now I'm so ungrateful that I forgot about it? :-)

Anyway, thanks for the advice! I guess I'll try first with strace
(because I can do that right now -- the app is running as we
speak), and if it is too complicated, I would temporarily change
my app so that it connects through TCP/IP (to localhost) to be
able to tcpdump it.

Thanks!

Carlos