Re: Using LISTEN/NOTIFY with ecpg

From: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: mevanecek(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: Re: Using LISTEN/NOTIFY with ecpg
Date: 2003-02-24 14:25:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> Does anyone have any examples of using LISTEN/NOTIFY with ecpg? Is
that
> a supported functionality? If not, is there a way to work around it?

No, I have no example and I don't know if it's supported at all.
But the libpq interface offers Asynchronous Notification
via the LISTEN and NOTIFY commands. See there.
And it's no problem at all to use libpq functions from within embedded
SQL
programs. You have to link with -lpq anyway, so I'm pretty positive just
using
PQnotifies should work. Furthermore, there is an example program at
Example 1-2. libpq Example Program 2
Test of the asynchronous notification interface

Hope this helps.
Regards, Christoph