Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day.

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day.
Date: 2003-02-21 08:42:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 21 Feb 2003 at 10:33, Jakab Laszlo wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> I mean here 150000 inserts/day ( quickly grows constantly )... - with
> transactions and on the same table ... maybe after onesignificant amount of
> time we can move the records of one year to one archivetable ...
> Andsome 2-3 millions of selects / day ...
>
> I would like to know also some hardware related advice.

Use a 64 bit machine with SCSI, preferrably RAID to start with. You can search
list archives for similar problems and solutions.

HTH

Bye
Shridhar

--
Fog Lamps, n.: Excessively (often obnoxiously) bright lamps mounted on the
fronts of automobiles; used on dry, clear nights to indicate that the driver's