Re: Performance Baseline Script

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, kbottner(at)istation(dot)com,pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Baseline Script
Date: 2003-02-19 15:15:25
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> writes:
>
>>Keith,
>>
>>>Does there currently exist any kind of script that can be run on
>>>Postgres to conduct a complete feature coverage test with varying
>>>dataset sizes to compare performance between functionality changes?
>
>>No.
>
> If you squint properly, OSDB (http://osdb.sourceforge.net/) might be
> thought to do this, or at least be a starting point for it.

As a side thought, just today found out that the TPC organisation
provides all kinds of code freely for building/running the TPC-x tests.
  Didn't know that before.

Sure, we can't submit results yet, but we might at least be able to run
the tests and see if anything interesting turns up.  People have talked
about the TPC tests before, but not sure if anyone has really looked at
making them runnable on PostgreSQL for everyone yet.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> 			regards, tom lane

- Indira Gandhi