Re: Data write speed

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Brown <kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data write speed
Date: 2003-02-19 01:21:41
Lists: pgsql-performance

Josh Berkus wrote:
<snip>
> This isn't something I can do without blowing away my current software
> setup, hey?

Hi Josh,

Any chance that it's a hardware problem causing a SCSI level slowdown?

i.e. termination accidentally turned on for a device that's not at the
end of a SCSI chain, or perhaps using a cable that's not of the right
spec? Stuff that will still let it work, but at a reduced rate. Maybe
even a setting in the Adaptec controller's BIOS? Might be worth looking
at dmesg and seeing what it reports the SCSI interface speed to be.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> -Josh