Re: Bug #866 related problem (ATTN Tom Lane)

From: Florian Wunderlich <fwunderlich(at)devbrain(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #866 related problem (ATTN Tom Lane)
Date: 2003-02-11 08:39:36
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-docs
I can't get through to you because your spam filter blocks my SMTP

Tom Lane wrote:
> > I now have a quite similar problem: while a CURSOR on a SELECT for a
> > normal query works now, I encounter the same behavior for aggregate
> > queries:
> As I think I pointed out in the original discussion, backwards fetch
> doesn't work for most plan types more complex than a simple sequential
> or index scan.  This is not trivial to fix.
>                         regards, tom lane

I've looked trough our exchange on the list, but there's nothing about

I found another posting which I guess you mean

I have put a comment in the interactive documentation for now, quoting
your original mail. This really should be in the distributed
documentation for FETCH.

So can I be sure that every non-aggregate SELECT on tables joined with
unique indexes works, independent of the WHERE or ORDER BY?

Is anybody working on implementing this functionality?

Florian Wunderlich

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Vicki BrownDate: 2003-02-12 04:01:21