Re: Problems with DBI transaction handling

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, rlippan(at)remotelinux(dot)com
Subject: Re: Problems with DBI transaction handling
Date: 2003-02-06 23:06:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi ...

I am using:

DBI-1.21.tar.gz
DBD-Pg-1.01.tar.gz

my problem is that Perl complains about connections which are not closed
properly and so forth but the main problem is that transactions don't
seem to commit although the entire transaction seems to work fine. Maybe
this has to do with SERIALIZABLE mode but it is hard to say. The only
thing I am doing is a simple loop doing UPDATEs. I have been using DBI
for a long time but this is the first time where transactions are used
that heavily (normally we use Pg instead).

Maybe I should upgrade to a newer version but it seems as if this does
not help in my case. I have no idea.

What we really need: A Perl module accessing LibEasy providing an
interface to persistent database connections. I am using ApacheDBI at
the moment (this seems to work well).

    Hans

--
*Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig*
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria