A powerful dump utility

From: Andrey Mosienko <feo(at)feo(dot)org(dot)ru>
To: Postgres <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A powerful dump utility
Date: 2003-01-28 05:13:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

Is there an utility to dump PosgreSQL database with possibility to set order of
tables?

I have a situation when one of my tables was created with constraint check depending on
another table. But when I do dump, my dependable table dumped first, and then when I
restore my database it fails to load my data because of constraint check.

I wrote my own script and first I dump schema of my database and then all tables in
order I want. But dump of databse schema doesn't include:

SELECT setval ('"vl_id"', 198, true);

to setup my sequences well.

So are there any possibilities to solve my problem?

--
Best regards Andrey Feofilactovich.
e-mail: feo(at)ttn(dot)ru, feo(at)feo(dot)org(dot)ru