Re: getTableName(column+1) returns null ?

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Oguz Imre <maccube(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getTableName(column+1) returns null ?
Date: 2003-01-24 05:43:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Oguz,

The protocol that postgres uses to communicate between the client (jdbc
in this case) and the server doesn't have a concept of exposing to the
client what table maps to a particular select item in a result set,
therefore the driver can not report anything useful to the caller. Thus
the driver always returns "".

--Barry