How to list schemas and table in psql?

From: "Phillip J(dot) Allen" <paallen(at)attglobal(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to list schemas and table in psql?
Date: 2003-01-10 00:50:49
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I just got the PG 7.3.1 installed and am now experimenting with
schemas.  Now when I do a "\dt" in psql I only get a listing of tables
in the current schema (public by default).

So how do I get a listing in psql for:

1. all the schemas that exist in the database
2. all the tables in all schemas

I just came over to postgresql about 1 1/2 years ago from MS ACCESS and
now I am quite interested in schemas.  I am trying to determine if I
want to put all my different databases into one big database under
different schemas (it makes sense considering my various databases often
use the same look-up/code table and keeping them all sincronized is a
bit of a pain).  But before I go re-arranging all of my last years work
I think it would be wise to evaluate all the ins-and-outs first.  No
reason to make more problems for myself.

Thanks,

Phillip J. Allen
Consulting Geochemist/Geologist
Lima Peru
e-mail: paallen(at)attglobal(dot)net

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Ron JohnsonDate: 2003-01-10 03:47:51