Re: Connection ODBC

From: "Rick Moore" <ricmoore(at)sonalysts(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Daniel" <daniel(at)agp5(dot)com(dot)br>
Subject: Re: Connection ODBC
Date: 2003-01-07 14:09:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

> Date: 06/01/03
>
>  I need to connect ASP - (Active Server Pages)to the data base
> POSTGRESQL,Is it possible?

Yes.

>  I don't know the connection string,so Ineedthat someone can help me, and
> tell me some information about that.

I could send you a full example (of course the database table/function names,
etc. are specific to our application domain.)  The actual connection stuff is
like this:

<!-- #include file="adovbs.inc" -->
<%
... initialization stuff removed from here...

	Session("dbname") = "iprdemo"
     Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
     Dim constr
     constr="dsn=" + dbname + ";uid=XXX;pwd=YYY"
     Conn.Open constr

.. continued processing removed from here...
%>

>  Are there some more special thing to do?

We have an ODBC System DSN called "iprdemo" that points to a PostGreSQL
database on our local Intranet.  The postmaster must be running on the machine
identified in that DSN, and the user specified has to have access to the
database.

--
Rick

Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
    that they are right, whether they are or not.