Re: some activex bug

From: - <turcsat(at)dragon(dot)klte(dot)hu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: some activex bug
Date: 2003-01-02 16:29:13
Lists: pgadmin-support
   > This sounds like a plugin is registered on yoour system but doesn't
   > exist. Have you tried and then removed the Migration wizard for example?
   > Something else you could try is uninstalling pgAdmin, then re-installing
   > a *full* installation.

Huh, here's the whole story...

I've never used pgAdmin before, that's why I've chosen a custom - full -
installation even for the first time.
After receiving your email, I've tried the following 'tricks' (every '-' means a
unique, single step - after which I've tried re-running pgAdmin):

- MSI Installer's repair option (at the Control panel/Add/remove programs)
- reinstalled pgAdmin (complete install)
- I've tried to add the Migration wizard by copying it into the Plugins
directory.
- uninstalled pgAdmin - restarted NT - reinstalled pgAdmin,
- uninstalled only plugins,
- uninstalled only extensions,
- reinstalled pgAdmin with different user option (only admin user/all users)
- I've taken a look at it with MS WinDebug (windbg)
- and even examined using regmon.exe
    I've found some missing registry keys, that's why I was google-ing a CLSID
    that wasn't found by pgAdmin. They pointed to ADODB, MDAC pages and stuff.
    I've went to microsoft.com/data, and downloaded mdac_typ.exe (redistributable)
    installed - and guess what? It helped! :DDD I'm wondering why an
    updated pc (like this one) needed this, but hey, it's working now :)
    Maybe you should put some verify-routine into pgAdmin that checks for
    an up-to-date MDAC installed, or just drop this info on the troubleshooting
    page!

Have a nice day!
Regards,

trajic