MD5 PasswordPacket

From: Bruce Badger <bruce_badger(at)BadgerSE(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MD5 PasswordPacket
Date: 2002-12-20 02:25:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Where can I read up on the encoding of the String in the PasswordPacket
required when I get an AuthenticationMD5Password message from the backend?

I've looked at some code that implements the encoding, but reading the
specification (the intent) would be most useful.

One question in particular springs to mind: can usernames and passwords
be made up of multi-byte characters, and how does this affect the MD5
encoding?

Thanks.

P.S. Many thanks for the help with my character string encoding
questions.  I have that all working nicely, now. :-)

pgsql-interfaces by date