Sybase PowerDesigner Data Architect

From: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: alavigne(at)zaq(dot)com
Subject: Sybase PowerDesigner Data Architect
Date: 2002-12-19 13:57:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
I've been using this tool for a number of years.  I'm using verion
6.1.3 and it meets my needs when it comes to PostgreSQL development.
I recently found the "PowerDesigner Definition File Library" at
http://www.datamodel.org/PowerDesigner/progress.def.  Alain Lavigne
has created a definition file for version 7 of PowerDesigner, but I
am creating one for version 6.

I have used SQL Anywhere 5.5 as the starting point.  The first thing
I did was turn off EnableAscDesc so that CREATE INDEX commands do not
include the ASC or DESC options:

EnableAscDesc = NO

The two remaining problems are:

- default values are always enclosed in single quotes (') which is
fine for character fields but not for anything else.

e.g

create table security_notice
(
    id                      T_ID                  not null,
    date_added              timestamp             not null
        default 'current_timestamp',

- remove key name from foreign keys

alter table element_pathnames
    add foreign key FK_ELEMENT__REF_11730_ELEMENT (element_id)
       references element (id) on update cascade on delete cascade;

Has anyone already done this?
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Dan LangilleDate: 2002-12-19 15:19:53