statement timeout test case

From: Medi Montaseri <medi(dot)montaseri(at)intransa(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: statement timeout test case
Date: 2002-12-13 01:24:55
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to develop a test case to see how the statement_timeout in
7.3 works...

Can I just say...

make the change in $PGDATA/postgresql.conf, pg_ctl reload

In psql(1) session one say 'lock table test in EXCLUSIVE mode'
In psql(1) session two say 'select * from test'

What I'm expecting is that sessoion two should block and then timeout....

Thanks

PS: I don't see any unlock commands....does it automagically unlock the
table
when psql(1) session is closed.